This summer is a writing summer. I’m traveling a lot and my laptop is going with me. Here’s what’s on the agenda so far. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
June: New Mexico
- Working on articles about Stella Vita and other New Mexico dining/travel articles
June: Klamath Falls, OR
- Visiting my aunt. It’ll be my first time in this part of Oregon and it’s a girl trip with mom and sister so I hope to work on some travel essays / personal essays.
July: Road Trip to Seattle
- Researching for new book series set in Seattle
- Meeting with Portland, OR magazine (book research)
- Busking (thinking about busking in Seattle and writing about it here on the blog)
- Exploring (road trip with my friend Rachel = adventures and probably a lot of hilarity).
- Essays, travel articles, other magazine work
So, I’ve been toying with the idea of busking in Seattle. I’ve always wanted to just burst into song so I thought maybe I could combine my weird musical notions with some actual street performance. I’m a little bit terrified. I’ve been told that people can be unkind. But I always loved stopping and listening to street performers in Seattle when I lived there. What do you think? Anybody interested in hearing (and seeing) my busking adventure? Rachel’s ready to document the whole thing with photographs and video.
I'm generally pulled in a million different directions and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Here's a glimpse of my life - hope you enjoy it! And if there's a big lapse between posts, well, that's the way life goes in Amy's world.
Be My Guest!
#WhatsYourStory? Are you an author? I'd love to hear your story and so would my readers. Email me for more information.